What is Counselling
It is worth remembering that Counselling is not about giving advice, and does not provide quick and easy answers.
Counselling is based on listening, and enabling you to make sense of the difficulties you may be experiencing.
It provides an opportunity to talk in confidence with a person who will not judge you, and who is on the outside of your situation.
Counselling allows space for you to explore thoughts and feelings, and most importantly, provides time for you to concentrate on YOU!
Counselling can be beneficial to anyone experiencing difficulties in life; such as:
- Anxiety or stress
- Addictions, eg alcohol, food, smoking, drugs.
- Bereavement or loss
- Anger management
- Emotional, physical or sexual abuse, past or present
- Feelings of hurt, rejection or neglect
- Poor self image / low self esteem
- Family breakdown
- Wish for change
- Weight Issues
- Injuries and adjustment
- Sports/Fitness performance blocks
- Vague feelings of unease
- Relationship difficulties
Whatever your difficulty, whether it is listed or not, whether you feel it is overwhelming, or a relatively small issue; personal counselling can help. Remember, You Deserve Happiness.